Thursday, November 17, 2022

LEAH: TO LIGHT

 For my “to light” piece I knew I would want to create a tale lamp since my burlap forms idea did not work out for me. I think if it lends itself to it when I find a lamp that I would enjoy putting some of my solid burlap forms with it but I do not feel hopeful that it will work. 


This is a lamp at work that I envision would be the form I want for my burlap lamp. So now all I have to do is go find one just like it (of course easier said than done)!

I don’t want to cheapen the look of the lamp at all but I am considering how I can make it more engaging or whether I want it to be simple and speaking for itself. 





This was my burlap piece when I first broke it out of its sand mold

Here is the main form that I will use for my to light 

These were the original hollow forms I was going to hang for my to light but they cold shut. 

These are the solid forms that I poured in South Dakota that could still be used somewhere in this piece.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Corinne Whaley_ ALL

  UPDATE TO PULL: December 6, 2022 Here is the finished "To Pull" with patinated bronze. It is a door knocker. Here is the applica...