Sunday, November 20, 2022

Fabian- To Pull,

Update from top to bottom. Where are you now and what is left.

I got inspiration from the fanlight in my house and the light in my house. I wanted to add to it by making a little piece that you can pull on instead of it just being a chain or a ball at the end of a string. 
I went with this type of design because I wanted to continue a similar style to a previous bronze casting that we did for sculpture one, but I wanted to add to it a bit more by having designs in between the stems. I like curvilinear forms or organic forms, and I also like sharper forms or shapes. some of the patterns I'm taking from a previous piece I made by stippling 







Now after class I have heard that many are interested in doing something for a light pull, I will try and work out what else I can do. What I was thinking was having the same concept of the stems, that will enclose the small skull I have and then pulling a string to open them I already have an idea of how I can make this piece, making my own hinges and marts that I need to make it work, Hopefully, which is where Metals 2 is coming in handy. 
I made a puzzle piece toy thing for metal 1 and I made most of the mechanical parts myself to make it work. I can post an image if anyone is interested in seeing what it looks like. and I can talk about that further if you are interested, or would like to know what I did to possibly give you/someone ideas on how to make something. 


Another quick update I have made a sketch for how my idea for the skull may apply, along with pictures of one of my pieces from metal 1 with mechanical parts.


































1 comment:

  1. Hey Fabian,
    I think the last idea is super interesting. What mechanical parts were you thinking of using? I think gears would be something to consider especially with to pull.

    ReplyDelete

Corinne Whaley_ ALL

  UPDATE TO PULL: December 6, 2022 Here is the finished "To Pull" with patinated bronze. It is a door knocker. Here is the applica...