Thursday, September 29, 2022

To Hang- Nathan

 For my to-hang project, I want to create something to hold one of my monsteras. One of the coolest ways I've seen plants be grown is by using a Japanese technique called Kokedama. “koke” meaning moss and “dama” meaning ball. This art form is centuries old and is branch of the art of Bonsai. It is an accent to the nodes of the plant display where a moss ball is the focal and supporting point for a sculpted tree or plant. This way of growing plants is something I haven't tried yet and I think would be a great way to use To Hang. For my main To Hang element I want to create some sort of figuring that will be climbing on the wall carrying the ball on its back or hanging from attached ropes.  











No comments:

Post a Comment

Corinne Whaley_ ALL

  UPDATE TO PULL: December 6, 2022 Here is the finished "To Pull" with patinated bronze. It is a door knocker. Here is the applica...